Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

the quicktime in safari is not working, it just shows a no

Customer Question
play icon...
the quicktime in safari is not working, it just shows a no play icon
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
12/1/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer replied 7 years ago
Travis
Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Are you experiencing this on a specific website? Or all websites?

Can you post the link to an example so that we can rule out the site being down rather than your mac?
sorry, let me clarify. This is for my iphone, and it's all the sites.
I currently am without my iPhone. I think it will be easier for different expert to help you with this issue. I am going to Opt Out in hopes that someone can get you up and running again quickly.
Mac Support Specialist: Pat, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 years ago
Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Can you give me a website as an example? The iPhone has limited video functionality when browsing the web. Is this something that used to work?
revision3.com/appjedgment/30seconds_november
I get a 404 not found when I follow that link, but my iPhone doesn't load the video that's on the 404 page either. The iPhone's embedded video processing is one of its weaknesses. Are you sure that you are looking at sites where the iPhone normally works?
my husband has an iphone as well, and we compared the website:
m.yahoo.com and it's actually picture files that I cannot view..for example on this site, i don't see the yahoo logo, i just see a play sign with a circle and a line thru it, like the no smoking sign.
ok, so there's an actual problem. Apple's prescribed solution for these types of errors is to perform a reset. I'm assuming you already tried restarting the phone? If that didn't work, we'll move up to some more comprehensive steps. Have you sync'd the phone recently?
I have tried restarting the phone. I have sync'd it last week.
Ok. Try going to Settings>General>Reset and choose "Reset Network Settings"

You'll have to put in all your wifi passwords again, but this will be the least drastic of the steps we can take.
Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Pat
Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast