Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I ma thinking of moving from PC to Mac, how many of my software

Customer Question
programs will transport over (Microsoft...
I ma thinking of moving from PC to Mac, how many of my software programs will transport over (Microsoft office, Outlook) ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
11/27/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Bad News is, none of your Windows application won't work on your Mac unless you install Windows on your Mac. If you want to run these applications, you can install Windows on your Mac. You can run Mac and Windows at the same time or one at a time.

You can also buy the Mac version of Office and you can install it on your Mac without Windows. You'll get a discount when you purchase MS Office with Mac (i hope so).

You can copy and run all your musics, photos, videos etc to your Mac without Windows.

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
What about Quicken? Do I have to buy a windows version or run under windows?
You can buy a Mac version of Quicken and export all your data from Windows Quicken into Mac Quicken. Or you can run Quicken in Mac with Windows installed and you don't have to buy a mac version.
Good News is, you don't have to worry about Virus in Mac.
How much does it slow down the system to run Mac and Windos OS at same time
Its depends upon what you are running and how you installed Windows.

In Macs you can install Windows in two ways, Virtually and by Partitioning hard drive(BootCamp).
If you want to install Windows virtually, running Windows and Mac at same time, you have to buy any one of the following softwares;

Virtualistation :
VMWare Fusion : Click Here ($79.99)
Parallels : Click Here ($79.99)
graphic
graphic
(Parallels is better than VMWare Fusion)

If you want to do smaller jobs in Windows side like Quicken, Office then you can go for Parallels or VMWare Fusion. It won't slow down your Mac, you can decide how much RAM, Hard disk can be used for these softwares...

Partitioning Hard disk :
You can install Windows by Partitioning your hard disk for Windows with a Mac built in application, BootCamp and BootCamp is free. You can only run Mac or Windows at a time and you have to restart your Mac to access Windows or Mac OS. Thus you have a full control over your Mac and you can play games, watch movies, songs etc with better perfomance.

BootCamp : More Information

Hope this helps !

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician
Ashik, Mac Technician