Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I hit control H on my mac book pro and my safari windows disappeared.

I hit control H on my mac book pro and my safari windows disappeared. Safari isnt even in the bottom toolbar either and I cant find the applications folder to put it back in.

Any suggestions?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Safari disappeared ?? and also not in the appliactions folder ?hmm...

Okay...You can download latest Safari from here. Install it and you can drag it back to the dock.

Best Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks but what about my applications folder? Plus, none of my desktop items are there anymore. Thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Try these and see if this helps..

Restart in SafeMode
Make sure that the computer is shut down. Press the power button. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple and progress indicator. Let the Mac bootup...

Run Disk Utility in Single User Mode :
Turn it back on and this time hold down the Command (Apple) key and the S keys at the same time. Then type the following command...

/sbin/fsck -fy (note the space between fsck and -fy)

If you can't run /sbin/fsk - fy then type only fsk - fy

Hit return and the disk utility should run and let it finish. When it finishes and there is no error, then type in reboot and hit return. Let the Mac boot up and see if it is still giving you problems.

Run Disk Utility from the Installation Disk

• Insert the Mac OS X Install/restore disc that came with your Mac, then restart the computer while holding the C key.
• When you see the Spinning gear, then release the C key
• Once on the Installer screen, select Utilities/Installer menu and choose Disk Utility.
• Click the First Aid tab and select the hard drive icon displaying your Macintosh HD
• Click Repair disk and Repair Permission. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.
• Once completed, quit Disk Utility
• Click on Installer Menu and reboot to your Mac Desktop

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------