Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hi, I just finished making a still photo movie in iMovie and

Customer Question
put the finishing touches on...
Hi, I just finished making a still photo movie in iMovie and put the finishing touches on it in idvd. The problem I having is when I play it back in iDVD it looks great, but when I burn it to a DVD it looks all wash out. When I made the movie in iMovie I used the professional quality setting. and is there a way I can view my movie full screen in iDVD, it will let me FIT TO SCREEN but not full screen.

PS I can view my imovie movie in quicktime but when I try to view it after saving it in iDVD, it won't allow it.
PSS I'm using iMovie 08 7.1.4 and iDvd 7.0.4
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
11/10/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Shawn, Computer Engineer replied 8 years ago
Shawn
Shawn, Computer Engineer
HelloCustomer

I'll be glad to try and help you. Unfortunately, Apple really messed up when they made iLife 08, and the quality when you try to convert from iMovie to iDVD is horrible (as you've exclaimed) because it re-renders the video during the transition.

You have two options:

1) Upgrade to iLife 09, which fixed the quality issue.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB966Z/A/iLife-09

2) Downgrade to iMovie 06, which can be downloaded from here:
http://homepage.mac.com/karstenliere/.Public/iMovieHD6.dmg

You can have both iMovie 06 and 08 installed at the same time with no conflicts. However, you can't open your iMovie 08 file in 06, meaning you'd have to recreate your movie.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions. Kind regards,

Shawn
Shawn
Shawn, Computer Engineer
Shawn
Shawn
Shawn, Computer Engineer