Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have an Imac G4 and an Epson 640U scanner. I usually scan

Customer Question

I have an Imac G4 and an Epson 640U scanner. I usually scan a photo, import it to my desktop to work on. 2 days ago my scanner opened in I-photo when I pressed the scan button. I've tried checking applications, turning every off,unplugging it all and starting again but it still comes up with i-photo which I have never used in the 4 years since I bought this equipment. What has happened and how can I get back to scanning my material as I did before?

Thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Travis replied 7 years ago.
Do you mean when you scan it doesn't save the file to the desktop, rather it sends the scan directly to iPhoto. Or do you mean that when you double-click the scanned image, it automatically opens into iPhoto?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Travis, when I tried to log in my pay details after my query I got an error page. I sent an e-mail to Just Answer explaing what had happened and asking for my question to be removed. I didn't receive a reply. I struggled with the problem for 3 hours and finally go it sorted.Thank you for answering but I solved it

Maz O'Neons