Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

I am waiting a answer from Mike...

I am waiting a answer from Mike...
HI,

You opted me out and that means you do not want to work with me any more

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It was because you were out of line. can we continue?
Show me where I was out of line?

Question.

I see nothing of the kind. All I did was ask a question.

I'll decide if we can continue once you prove what your saying about me.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Mike, it is the first time that i am tring to use this kind of service. Yesterday, during our chat, I read a message from the justanswer. "Mike is out of line or disconect" it was around 0:30 am, Brasil time and be sure, this is true. To be honest Mike I don't know what this mean for the site or if I am paying for this chat. What I know is that I have this problem in my hands and I sure I need professional help. I would be glad if you help me.
Now, I insert the Snow Leopard CD and all is the same. Any idea?
Thanks

Offline, not out of line.

LOL

Got it. Stay away from that Opt Out button. I cannot answer when it is used.

Did you run the Installer when you inserted the disk? Or is it still on the Desktop?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can't do anything. I have the same gray screen with a message in 5 diferent languages".....TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER AND THAN TURN ON ...
Ok.

Turn off the Mac by holding your power button in. Make sure the disk stays in the drive.

Then turn it back on and have the OPTION/ALT key down on the keyboard.

Keep it down until the screen changes and you see icons for your hard drive and install disk.

Click once on the Install Disk and then continue.

The Installer will run. Follow though until you see the Destination page, where you choose the disk to Install on.

Click once on your Hard Drive icon. Then click once the Options button below it.

In here, choose Archive & Install. Also, make sure to check the box that says Preserve Users and Groups. This step is very important.

Close that window and then continue the Install.

When done, and the Mac restarts (more than once is normal) then go to the Apple menu and choose Software Update.

Keep doing that until the Mac tells you you're software is up to date.

That's it. the only thing you may/will need to do is add your printer back in.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
in the begining it was ok: I saw the install icon and hard disc icon, choose install icon, waited some minutes, the CD was working and suddentelly, the same screen....TURN OFF AND TURN ON....
Ok,

That means a hardware issue.

I can't help with that as it could be anything.

You will need to get to an Apple Service Provider and have them evaluate the Mac for hardware issues.

Sorry about that, but this is as far as I can go.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank You Mike. For your attention and time. I will do this ASAP. Now, what should I do about your payment?
You can click on any Accept button you see.

But it is your call to pay us.

Thanks for using Just Answer

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it was click.
I see it.

Thanks!