Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My iMac 6,1 Intel, 2.16GHZ, 3G mem, Leopard has become extremely

My iMac 6,1 Intel, 2.16GHZ, 3G mem, Leopard has become extremely sluggish. It improves - but only for a time - each time I reboot. Please help with suggestions - utilities, clean-up???
Tell
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

The first thing to try is a Safe Boot, To do this can you shut the machine down then wait 5 seconds and power it back up.

As soon as you let go of the power button can you press and hold down the SHIFT key and keep it pressed till the machine shows the load wheel below the Apple icon then let go and wait up to 30 minutes for the machine to open to the Safe Boot login.

Login like normal then restart just like normal from the Apple menu and once your machine has rebooted let me know if the machine runs any smoother.

Thanks