Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

i have an HP c7280 printer that works on several laptops; however

i have an HP c7280 printer that works on several laptops; however i just bought a macbook pro and cannot complete the software installation - it seems not to be able to recognize the printer. My Mac technician tells me that there is something wrong with the software - but several PCs are currently using the printer. Is there an incompatibility between the HP printer drivers for the c7200 series and the Macbook pro?
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What version of Mac OS X are you using ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have a Mac OS X; version 10.5.7
Sorry for the dealy...

Goto System Preferences and open Printers and Faxes from there. Then remove the printer, if it already installed. Then download this "software and driver" package and install it on your Mac. Then restart your Mac and goto System Preferences > Printers and Faxes and add the printer again. Now try to print a test page...

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks