Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hi I jus wondering how to format my emac, i put the disc and

press the c key for...
Hi I jus wondering how to format my emac, i put the disc and press the c key for long time and nothing happen, i forgat name and passwor so i can't use my computer long time i diden't used. please tell my how to format and make a new emac, thankyou very much.
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/1/2009
Daniel, Mac Genius
Hello my name is Dan.
Does the eMac power up?
Are there any start up sounds?
Yes the emac power up and start normaly with the start son.
So what you would like to do is reset the password?
yes reset the password
OK, do this exactly.

One, insert the Install disk #1 into the CD drive.

Two, turn the computer off.

Three, press and hold the 'C' key down and press the power button to turn it on.

Four, keep holding the 'C' until the choose your language screen comes up and then let go and choose your language then click continue.

Five, ignore the installation window and in the menu bar in the Utilities drop down menu select Reset Password. After you have done that then quit everything and restart. Now it is as it was with anew password XXXXX everything is as you left it.
Please let me know how you did.
nothing new happen thesame problem
If the 'C' key doesn't work then press and hold the 'Option' key the same way as the 'C' key.
wish one it is the option key, tell me please
It will have 'Option' and 'Alt' printed on it. Second key to the left from the space bar.
yes it is open emac thirteen and mac os x install dvd
Now reset the password XXXXX follows.
1 Choose the install DVD as the startup.
2 At the language screen choose your language and click continue.
3 When the installer window comes up ignore it and click on Utilities in the menu bar and select Reset Password. Input the new password XXXXX then quit the installer and restart.
Now your eMac will be just as it was when you last turned it off.

i am sorry to bother you but i don't want to make worse the computer,

wish one i can choose.

administraror (admin)

student (student)

Tech (tech)

System Administrator (root)

Admin as you want to be able to do updates and things like that.
Thank you very much for your help, every thing it is ok now.
Glad to be of help. Thank you for giving me the chance. If you have any more questions Just Answer is always online.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Daniel, Mac Genius