Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How do i download an external hard drive of music to my im

How do i download an external hard drive of music to my imac?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What version of Mac OS X are you using ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")

Could you explain the situation little more ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
version 10.5.7
processor 2.8 GHZ
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the fast reply....

What are you trying to do?

Is there anything that is blocking you....i mean any errors?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My brother lent me his external hard drive of a few thousand songs for me to down load.
I do not know how to do this. it is a WDPassport?   
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the additional information...just plug your hard drive with the USB or Firewire cable into your Mac. Then, you can see that a new icon will appear on the desktop. Double click on it to open the hard disk. You can see all your songs in there. So copy all the songs into your Mac's internal hard disk. You can copy by selecting them all, press Command(Apple) + C, then goto your Mac's internal hard drive (Macintosh HD) and create a folder and name it like "New Songs from HD" or whatever you want. Then open the folder and paste the files that you copied into it. You can paste the copied items by pressing Command (Apple) + V.

Only click ACCEPT after it worked!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you for your help it worked!
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Glad to hear that it worked. So, please click ACCEPT and please leave me a Positive Feedback. A positive feedback from you is greatly appreciated. (you can leave feedback after accepting the answer)

Best Regards,
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.

Best Regards,