How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Your Own Question
Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Category: Mac
Satisfied Customers: 2186
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
Type Your Mac Question Here...
Mike is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

OMG -- I got the document names confused, and replaced an im

Customer Question

OMG -- I got the document names confused, and replaced an important Word doc by saving it with another name:
an older version of this doc exists -- save as new doc? And I said yes.

Is there any way to get into this document and revert to a previously saved version?

Mac OS 10.4.11
Word -- Office 2004

OK - I tried to find a previous version, but there weren't any.
I also tried to find a backup copy by opening all readable documents, and there wasn't one.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.

You have done what I would have suggested, and found out what I would have said... Try Data Rescue and see if it can find anything.

But overwritten files are just that. they are gone for good. Especailly if you renamed the document and then agreed to it.

Sorry to say, but that doc is gone.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Not cool.

You charged my card and I didn't accept the answer.
This answer didn't help me or tell me anything that was different from what I said I hac already done.

Reverse the charges to my card asap.

Related Mac Questions