Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I would like to scrub/clean word documents do that I can send

Customer Question
them out without the recipients...
I would like to scrub/clean word documents do that I can send them out without the recipients seeing the "track changes" and other edits. what do you recommend? thanks! Anne
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
8/1/2009
Mac Support Specialist: lifesaver_333, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 years ago
lifesaver_333
lifesaver_333, Mac Enthusiast
HiCustomer
Which version of word are you using?
  1. Open Word.
  2. Select Help > About Microsoft Office Word.
  3. A dialog box will open that displays the version in use.
I am using word version 12.2.0.
Well sorry.

I never got your OS.Also i am comfortable with MS Word but not word 12

I will get this question moved to mac.
I have Mac that runs OSX version 10.5.7 and Word version 12.2.0. I would like to scrub/clean remove metadata from documents before I send them to clients. My goal is that I don't want clients to see any prior changes made internally.

thanks, Anne
Mac Support Specialist: Sandeep Pamarati, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 years ago
Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Mac Enthusiast
Hi Anne,

I want to know the version of the Word application you are using.
Please see the screenshot below where i marked what i wanted to know.

graphic

Anyways, to achieve the task at hand, there is something known as Reviewing toolbar in MS Word that keeps tracking all the changes made in a document, when it is enabled.
It is shown below.
graphic

You simply have to accept all the changes made before sending out the document to your clients.
This is shown below.
graphic

Let me know if you have any more queries.
AnuDeep

Please see the below screen shots which are taken for MS Word 2007 on my system.
graphic

This will make help you in understanding how to accept all the changes made to a word document.
graphic

Let me know if you have any other queries on this page.
Anudeep
Hi Anudeep,
I do know how to accept all changes. The problem is that unless the document is "cleaned" you can still figure out who did what to the document.   I am concerned that information that we do not want revealed would be revealed.

I have a Mac so I have word 08, version 12.2.0 (090605). does that help?
Anne
I do not have Mac with me. So i am sorry on that.
But since the product is same there should not be any difference of features.

You can open the document that you have then go to review menu Click on Accept and select Accept all changes in the document.

Cilck on track changes button and select track changes. This will get unselected, meaning any further changes will not be tracked.

Under display for review which is next to ballons button and select final, this will show the document with all changes included.
After you make these changes you should not have any problem for sending the document across to your client or customer.

If you are ok sending the document to me i can make the necessary changes and send it back to you.

Anudeep.
Hi Anudeep,
I think you are missing the point: When I worked for a law firm, we NEVER sent a word document out without "cleaning" it. What that meant is that AFTER all changes were accepted from the multiple person in the firm on the document, it was "cleaned" so that he client/opposing party could not see what the changes were. This was on a windows machine.

A few months ago a colleague who also uses a mac sent a document out and it arrived at the recipients email with all the track changes showing even though ALL changes had been accepted. THis is the situation I would like to avoid. I would like to be able to CLEAN every document before it leaves my control.

Thanks, Anne

Ok, Anne.

Let me see if i can work on a sample document and will let you know the findings.

Please bear with me.

AnuDeep

Hi Anne,

I found something on Microsoft which i think can help us in this situation.

Please see the page here.

Hope this helps.

AnuDeep

Hi Sandeep,
You have not answered my question. I know how to accept changes. Moreover, you have given me screen shots from a Window's version of word, not the Mac version of Word. We have been through this a couple of times, I know how to accept changes. If you don't understand my question or can't find the answer, that is fine, just let me know and we'll both stop wasting time. I am finding it frustrating to reexplain hte same thing over and over again and receiving the same answer back.
Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Mac Enthusiast