Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

printer does not print. there are several jobs are stuck

printer does not print. there...
printer does not print. there are several jobs are "stuck"   printer will make copies
7/10/2009
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:
• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.6 or Mac OS X 10.4.11, etc" -)
( If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• What brand and model of printer are you using?

• So you are able to print, but you have several jobs still "stuck"
in the printer queue?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Regards,

-TD
hewlett packard, mac os x 10.4.11
Thanks for your replyCustomer

Just need to make sure, again when you mention "there are several jobs are "stuck" printer will make copies"

• Are you referring to jobs that are stuck in your Printer jobs list, even though the printer still prints? Or has the printer stopped printing altogether?

I also need the model of your HP Printer if you could provide me that, as it will allow me to source more information on that model in particular.

Thanks for your help with this information, I will be watching for your reply.

-TD

jobs are stuck in printer job list

the printer has not stopped altogether, copying is OK

printer is photosmart C6280 all-in-one

sorry for delay

Thanks for your reply and no worries.

What I recommend you do is as a preliminary procedure is this:

• Click on Apple menu icon, select System Preferences> Print & Fax.

Then click the Print Queue button

graphic

That will bring up of course, the Print Jobs screen for your HP printer

graphic

Check here to see if there are any jobs. If there are, remove all of those jobs from this window.

Attempt to print again. Keep the print Jobs window open and let me know if the current print job you have disappears after the document finishes printing.

Give me an update on this process when you can, I will await your reply.

Thanks for your patience!

-TD

sorry, i accessed full image, there are jobs listed but i do not know how to remove them.

you have been helpful so far. i am barely computer literate

look for your response...thanks

i have not received response to last request. it was late and i fell asleep

i need to know how to delete jobs that are in the printers queue

i would like another mac expert. my problem is jobs in a queue in my photosmart C6280 hewlett packard printer

using preferences i have move to the point of removing jobs in queue . i am not sure how to remove them. once removed i should be able to be printing again

thanks for you help
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry...TD is offline. If you just want to delete the printing jobs then, select "All Active Jobs", you can select each one by Shift +Click ( or Command + A) and click on the delete button as shown in TD's picture below.
graphic

Don't ACCEPT my answer, If the solution worked then Accept MacTechTrainer TD's answer.Because he is the expert who helped you.

ashik...i am trying. i view the full image there is no active jobs direction. the blue active message does not respond to any command. .. please have patience. i will get it eventually

thanks
If it didn't worked then Reset the printer.
  1. In the Finder, choose Utilities from the Go menu. (Or Goto Applications/Utilities)
  2. Open Printer Setup Utility.
  3. From the Printer Setup Utility menu, choose Reset Printing System.
  4. Click Reset.
Let me know how it goes before Accepting

it is getting better... at your

#3 i find printer setup utility but no "reset printing system direction".Am i missing something. Is there an alternative..i am feeling better and would like to accept soon

So if it didn't work, here is a alternative solution. Open your web browser (Safari or Firefox) then type this : http://127.0.0.1:631/printers/ and press return.

Then delete all current and completed printer jobs.

problem...I enter my name and password XXXXX am refused for correct entries, how do i recover this information. i have not been asked for my name before, the password XXXXX not changed..it's getting better

thanks
Okay...the username and password XXXXX ask if you are installing any applications, changing system files etc. So you are changing/modify files and you need to enter the correct information. If you didn't remeber the username and password XXXXX you need to reset it.

• Start up from a Mac OS X Install disc. Usually, you can start from the disc by putting it in your computer, restarting, and holding the C key.
  • Choose Reset Password XXXXX Utilities menu in Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
  • Select your Mac OS X hard disk volume.Select the user name of your original administrator account
  • Enter a new password XXXXX Click Save. Restart from the installer menu.

Now you can enter the correct password XXXXX it asks !

Ashik, Mac Technician

there is an electrical storm with lights blinking..i will stop and return after storm

Okay...Don't forget to remove the power cord of your Mac from the circuit.

Best Regards,

all is well...i have moved recently and do not where the disc are. your instructions are here and i thank you

for your help and...i gladly accept your help

wynetta devore
Thank you very much for Accepting my answer and the bonus. Greatly appreciated. If you need any help, feel free to reply back to this thread. Good Luck !

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician