Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am about to create an online document in my new Office MAC

I am about to create...
I am about to create an online document in my new Office: MAC 2008.
I'd like to know how to create an outline document and also how to make sure it will be compatible with a pc using a somewhat earlier version of MSWord.
I'm a little worried because the end tag says docs instead of doc.
7/2/2009
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
You can make your Word document compatible with the earlier PC version by choosing SAVE AS... in the File Menu and then picking a earlier version there.
My question had three parts. The first two parts were these:

Thanks for you help so far.
Online Document. You create and edit documents on your Mac. If you want to send it as an email attachment or save it on an server somewhere you can do that after it is created. You do need to worry about how the other person can view and edit the document and you can control that by which version of the document you SAVE AS. I own Word 2004. After I create a document I can use the File Menu to Save As and a dilog box pops up and asks me the file-name, location and FORMAT. Format is where I can tell it to save as a Word 2008 document or whatever document version I need. I am then free to save it to a server or email it as an attachment.

Forgive me, but I may be unclear. I really am looking for help in how to create the document in outline form. I know that it is on MAC but there are no instructions on my new MSWORD version 2008 giving me instructions for how to do this. Do you know how?

You have helped me understand how to save documents created in new versions in older versions of MSWord-- especially in other platforms (pc). I just want to ake sure the latest MSWORD in Mac is backwards compatible with earlier pc versions and assume, from you, that it is although there have been many probelms with Vista.
OH, I'm sorry. Under the VIEW menu you choose OUTLINE. Under the Format menu you choose Bullet and Numbering to control how you want your Outline to look.
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Yes! This is what I have been looking for. Thanks for bearing with me.
Thank you!
Bob Cook
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius