Michael
Michael, Mac Genius
Experience:  Linux and Mac Genius available for help. Been using Linux and Mac for years.
20048474

I ersased my aol address book, how can I recover it

I ersased my aol address book, how can I recover it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  The MacWhisperer replied 8 years ago.
Where did you erase it from? If you go to aol.com, and login, can you find it there? What version of mac are you on?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Erased from AOL mail page. I can log on but get no address book entries. running Mac 10.5.7
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: Other
cancel...release deposit please
Expert:  Michael replied 8 years ago.
Your emails and addresses may still be stored in your PFC file or a backup of your PFC file. You can probably find it with Spotlight.

You can use an application like Apples AOL Service Assistant to extract messages and addresses from your old PFC files.

This application can be found at http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/internet_utilities/aolserviceassistant.html
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Don't know how to opem Apples AOL Service Assistant.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 years ago.
You'll need to browse to the link I provided (It's safe, on apple's website) and click the "Download button" near the bottom of the description (or you could click on this link and download it directly)

1. Choose the default open with application (DiskImageMounter).
  2. Open a new finder window and click on the "AOL Service Assistant" drive.
  3. Drag the "AOL Service Assistant.app" file to your Applications folder.
  4. Launch the AOL Service Assistant from your applications folder (or from Spotlight)

I must warn you that I've never used this application and haven't been an AOL user since the early 90's, but mail and address book recovery is one of its documented features.
Michael, Mac Genius
Experience: Linux and Mac Genius available for help. Been using Linux and Mac for years.