Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.
16295453

Hi there I have a ipod that was used with an old computer that

Hi there I have a ipod that was used with an old computer that crashed. I want to transfer my ipod content to my new macbook. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 8 years ago.
THe basic idea is that instead of formatting the iPod for the new computer, you sync the new computer with the old iPod.

Apple has a web page that describes the whole process. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Can you clarify a little more? If I sync my ipod to my new computer, it will erase everything (or at best, XXXXX XXXXX the music from my ipod that I purchased through my itunes account on my old computer). I also have music on my new computer (through iTunes). I consolidated that music though so I wouldn't lose it.
My objective is to use my ipod as an eternal hard drive...I want to transfer all my music and my photos. Is there a way to do this in it's entirety? I have already spent an hour on the itunes/mac website and it said for me to "enable disk" . When I tried, it kept giving me the prompts (like normal) to either erase or transfer. Can you help again?
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 8 years ago.
It will be easier for you if you use a program such as iPodRip; http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/199894
Just download that program and it will do what you want to do.