Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.
16295453

I having trouble setting my Linksys WRT54GL to my new Macb

Customer Question

I having trouble setting my Linksys WRT54GL to my new Macbook
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 8 years ago.
I can help you with this problem but tell me if your router has ever worked before or if this is a new installation. Who is your Internet provider? Was the linksys connected to anything before?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This is a new installation and Comcast is my Internet Service Provider.The router is new out of the box.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 8 years ago.
OK Comcast keeps track of the first device it sees. Unplug your Comcast Modem for a full minute or longer. Make sure your Linksys router in plugged in and turned on then plug your Comcast modem in again. This will reset your Comcast modem and the first thing it will see is your Linksys router.

Then you should be able to connect and use it.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I tried what you suggested but unfortunately it didn't work.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 8 years ago.
OK unplug the Linksys router for 30 seconds than plug the router back in and test.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I actually had to call Linksys customer support to get the problem solved which is why I haven't accepted
your offers of help. But thanks I'll try you perhaps in the future.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 8 years ago.
OK thanks for giving us a try.