Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Im trying to use an Apple 17 CRT Studio Monitor with a PowerBook

Customer Question
I'm trying to use an...
I'm trying to use an Apple 17" CRT Studio Monitor with a PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz running OS 10.4.11, through an Apple DVI to ADC Adaptor, the PowerBook has detected the monitor in the displays section of the System Preferences but there is no video display on the CRT monitor, the USB ports appear to work. Is this PowerBook compatible with this monitor?
I've tried various combinations of shutting down PowerBook and reconnecting the ADC adaptor and resetting the PRAM, the monitor is OK and I'm reasonably happy that the DVI out on the PowerBook is OK.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/3/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist

What resoluation is your powebook using and have you tried changing resolutions? The display does not work with 1024x768 @ 72 Hz

The display doesn't work with 1024x768 @ 72 Hz, the powerbook resolution is 1280x854, I've tried different resolutions on the display and the powerbook, but no joy!
The display is supported by your powebook. I thought it may be a resolution problem. The display works at the following resolutions only:

640x480 pixels at 153 Hz
800x600 pixels at 125 Hz
832x624 pixels at 120 Hz
1024x768 pixels at 99 Hz
1056x792 pixels at 96 Hz
1280x1024 pixels at 75 Hz
1600x1200 pixels at 65 Hz.

Trying to push powerbook resolutions to the studio display won't work.

Regards,
Brandon
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
There must be a problem with the DVI to ADC Adaptor, or my DVI output, it was working last week, but you never know! At least I know that the dislpay should work if I get another adaptor.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers
Chris
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist