Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

I cannot reboot my airport after my modem was not working for

I cannot reboot my airport after my modem was not working for a bit. Should I just start from square one as if I just hooked it up?

Unplug your cable modem. Then take a paper clip and in use it to press the rest button on the airport, hold it in for 30 seconds. Then unplug the airport. Plug in your cable modem and wait until it boots up. Then plug in the airport and try from here.

Let me know how it goes!

Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Brandon, Even if this doesn't work, I appreciate your efforts. I'll get back to you in a bit. Therese.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Brandon, Even if this doesn't work, I appreciate your efforts. I'll get back to you in a bit. Therese. Ooops, it's still flashing amber. I guess I will just try to reinstall my airport utility. Thanks again for your kindness.
Which model of the airport is it?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Brandon, It's an Airport Extreme that I purchased on March 3, 2008. It was working perfectly until our cable modem service was interrupted; so I unplugged both the modem and the route.   
And once it was working, I probably didn't follow protocol when I reconnected. Sorry. I still have a partial Microsoft brain (YUK)>

I am a bit confused. It is working now, or is it still not working? THe blinking amber led only means a few things. However, after a hard reset it usually mean it has to be configured using the airport utility. Whatever the matter, the AirPort utility should tell you if there are problems with the AirPort.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It's not working; I'm using another network. I tried to reconfigure through Airport Utility, but I wasn't sure what type of password XXXXX should use for my network. I was walked through it the first time.. It's all good.   Thanks for your efforts. I'm waiting for Apple Support to be available since I have Apple Care support. I am just being anxious until they are available. Thanks again.