MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

I am trying to edit a document with protected form fields but,

I am trying to edit a document with protected form fields but, when I re-protect the document to use the form fields, it deletes all of the information that was previously typed in the fields. Any suggestions on how to avoid this issue?
Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 8 years ago.

Could you please tell us which application is this in (Excel, Access, Word etc) so that the right expert can assist you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This is in Word.
Expert:  John D replied 8 years ago.

Ok this question is being left open for experts familiar with Word forms.

Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 8 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:
• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.6" -)
( If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• What version of Microsoft Office for Mac are you currently using to create your protected forms and work with macros?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Regards,

-TD
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hello TD and thanks for your help.

I am running Mac OSX version 10.4.11.

I am running Microsoft Office for Mac version 11.5.3 to create/edit the form fields.

Glad to help.

In all honesty, I am not sure why MS Word for Mac does it, because I have tried to create forms too, once you unprotect without saving a copy of your previous fields or content, you will lose the data you previously input in the form.

I have searched far and wide for answers to this but there is only one that I have been able to find: Save your form under a different name before you unprotect the form. Try this work around and see if it works.
Thanks for your patience and keep me posted!

-TD
Experience: Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years