Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

hello, i have an iphone in which i paid someone on ebay because

Customer Question
there are a lot of...
hello, i have an iphone in which i paid someone on ebay because there are a lot of listings for rights to download beta iphone 3.0 and now my version apparently expired and now i have what is called the "pink screen of death", i've tried everything and apple customer support wont help me because they say i shouldnt have downloaded it in the first place...what should i do to get it to work?>
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/2/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Dave Huber, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dave Huber
Dave Huber, Mac Support Specialist

• Do you have a developer account with Apple? As far as I can tell, you cannot install the latest 3.0 beta without doing it through iTunes version 8.2 which is a pre-release available only to developers.

• Have you tried to downgrade to version 2.0?

Please advise,

Dave

i do not myself have a developer account although when i paid a guy on ebay, he registered my udid number from my iphone as i guess a person "on his list of developers" so therefore i have rights to download beta 3.0, so i did.

i want to downgrade to version 2.0 that is my goal to get it to work, but i have tried everything, how could i get it to downgrade to this version?

Are you still online?

yes, you can call me (XXX) XXX-XXXX

Sorry...email addresses & phone numbers are stripped out of the messages.

I've put together a comprehensive list of steps for you to follow. Good luck, and I hope it works.
-----------------------

Do the following:

• Go to http://iphone-dev.fgv6.net/QuickPwn_2.2.5.dmg and download QuickPwn 2.2.5 for Mac.

• Get the iPhone firmware version 2.2.1
- go to this site:
http://www.livecrunch.com/2009/01/27/iphone-and-ipod-touch-firmware-221-download-links/

- select the correct link for the model of iPhone you have

• make a note of where the firmware download is located

• Connect your iPhone to your Mac

• go to iTunes (note: if you are asked to upgrade iTunes, DON'T).

• Go to the iTunes menu and choose "About iTunes"

• If it says you are running version 8.2.0, only the first half of my advice may work for you...

• select your iPhone from the list of devices in iTunes

• If iTunes cannot find your phone put it in DFU, or Device Firmware Upgrade mode. You do this by
- shutting off the iPhone
- press and hold power & home button at the same time for EXACTLY 10 seconds
- release POWER BUTTON ONLY - keep holding the home button
- wait for iTunes to tell you it has a phone in DFU mode

• In iTunes, go to the summary tab

• Hold down Option and press the “Restore” button

• Now browse the iPhone firmware you downloaded. Select the firmware & hit the restore button. Sweat, pray, or curse nervously for 5 to 10 minutes.

• Ignore error messages 1011, 1013 or 1015 you may get

----------------------------------------------------------
If this went okay, you may be able to use the phone now, although it may need to be jailbroken. This is where the version of iTunes comes in. If you are running an earlier version than 8.2.0, keep going, otherwise this is as far as you can go, so I hope the phone is working by now. I'm pretty sure 8.2 was released yesterday...bad timing.

• Use the QuickPWN 2.2.5 you downloaded to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 2.2.1
- You will do this by following the instructions on iClarified.com.

- If you have a 2G phone, the instructions are at http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1842 (you can skip to step 3)

- If you have a 2G phone, the instructions are at http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1558 (you can skip to step 2)

NOTE :- If you encounter messages like error 1601, 1602, 1600 or any error, really, put the iPhone into DFU mode and try again.

Good luck to you. Proceed carefully. Read everything twice before you do it. Let me know how it turns out.

Take care,

Dave
I have a windows the 1st step is for a mac download
Oh...Mac forum, I just assumed...

Okay, these instructions have been altered for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
PC instructions:

• Go to http://quickpwn2-2-1.googlecode.com/files/QuickPwn-225-2.zip and download QuickPwn 2.2.5 for Windows.

• Get the iPhone firmware version 2.2.1
- go to this site:

• Connect your iPhone to your PC

- shutting off the iPhone

• In iTunes, go to the summary tab

- If you have a 2G phone, the instructions are at http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1880 (you can skip to step 3)

- If you have a 3G phone, the instructions are at http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1881

Take care,

Dave
Dave Huber
Dave Huber
Dave Huber, Mac Support Specialist