Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I try to set up an MP620 printer for an iMac. I ran the installation

Customer Question
procedure a couplr of times...
I try to set up an MP620 printer for an iMac. I ran the installation procedure a couplr of times, have selected USB connection, but my computer cannot recognize or find the printer, bot even the printer driver is in the list of possible printers. What do I do wrong?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/2/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Bob Cook, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
You should first go to the printer's website to download the latest driver compatible with your operating system.
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=DownloadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=334&modelid=17406
Then double click on the download to install it.

Plug your printer in, connect the USB cable and turn it on. It would be a good idea to run a self test to make sure your printer works.

Open PRINT & FAX in the System Preferences. Add a printer. Follow all the prompt in that install wizard.
This was the first time that I used just answer, and it turns out that just answer is not what I expected it to be. I was looking for an immediate feedback, especially since just answer told me that there were 27 experts on line. I hoped that somebody could give me the answer right away. It is not that the problem was unsolvable for me, I just needed the answer right away, and I wanted to save time. I spend the whole evening to solve the problem - time that I could have used otherwise. I tried many obvious things, among those what the expert has suggested. It turned out that a system reinstallation and a proper software update solved the problem. If the expert would have suggested that, then I can see that the answer would be worth some credit. But the answer was just among those abvious things that I tried first before I went through the trouble of system reinstallation and software update. The service is not what I was looking for, and I appologize for having you involved. At the same time, to avoid these misunderstandings, just answer could offer there service a little better, and not luring you into the expectation of an immediate answer by advertising that so many experts are online. The lesson that I have learned is that just answer is not for me, and I will not try this again. For me, the question is closed.
Sorry for the slow answer. Thanks for trying our service.
Bob Cook
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius