How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bob Cook Your Own Question
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Category: Mac
Satisfied Customers: 618
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.
Type Your Mac Question Here...
Bob Cook is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I erased some files by mistake. On my PC I can just enter

Customer Question

I erased some files by mistake. On my PC I can just enter a past time and the computer will reset itself to that point and I'd be able to recapture the missing files. Can I do that on my white macbook from 2007?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 8 years ago.
Yes, if you hook up external storage and run Apple's Time Machine program that come with Mac OS X 10.5.

If you need to go back today and get something without Time Machine then no, you can't do that.