Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am having trouble with my DVD burner and DVD studio pro.

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
5/4/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Bob Cook, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Testing and Burning the DVD . To test the DVD press the simulate button to simulate what an end user would experience when the DVD is inserted into a DVD player.

Burn your DVD. When you are finished with your project, click the Burn button to begin the burn process. The DVD drives in the G5 multimedia room in IT131 are capable of burning both DVD- and DVD+, but somethings to keep in mind when bringing blank DVDs for your project are:
DVD-R: Can only be used once. This is the recommended media for iDVD, since it's compatible with most DVD players and computers on tht market today. It can hold about 4.38 gigabytes (GB).
DVD+R: Can only be used once. These disk can hold about 4.38 GB.
DVD-RW: Can be used more than once. These can hold about 4.38 GB.
DVD+RW: Can be used more than once. These can hold about 4.38 GB. These disks may not be viewable in all players.

Have you burned successfully before? Make sure you can simulate before you try to burn.
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
I got the drive to work by rebooting the computer. Imagine that having to reboot a MAC
LOL
Thank you!
Bob Cook
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius