Shawn
Shawn, Computer Engineer
Experience:  15 years of Mac software and hardware troubleshooting experience, 10 years of programming experience
13058298

Hello, I converted my music to mp3 because I didnt have an

Hello, I converted my music to mp3 because I didn't have an Ipod then.Now I have one and don't know how to convert them back. I down loaded a programme called switch but found I didn't understand how to use it.I do't have a great deal of knowledge about these things.I'm using an i book G4,which I'm aware is rather dated.Can you advise?     Kind Regards,Customer
Hi Dennis,

Great news - both iTunes and iPod support the MP3 format, with no conversion necessary. Just load your music into iTunes, let it sync to your iPod, and you should be all set.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions. Kind regards,

Shawn
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hello Shawn,If that's the case,why does the ipod do nothing when I plug it in to the laptop.No recognition,
nothing?
Hi Dennis,

Hmm, that sounds like a different problem then. I need a bit more information to help track down the problem. Has your iPod ever worked on your laptop? Is the iPod new or used?

Kind regards,

Shawn
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hey Shawn, it's brand new,straight out of the box,that's why I thought the format would have to be
re-converted.
Hi Dennis,

Okay. I'd like you to open iTunes, and plug your iPod into your computer, and turn on the iPod. Within 30 seconds you should see the iPod show up under Devices on the left hand side of the iTunes screen. Does it come up?

Shawn

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Shawn, unfortunately I can't do that.To plug the ipod in I would have to un-plug my wireless USB
card as the card obstructs the other USB port,obviously if I do that I'm not on line.
Dennis,

Okay. Well, that's the way that you have to get your old music onto your iPod. Can you temporarily unplug whatever is plugged into your second USB port so that you can plug your iPod in?

Shawn