Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hi. My printer is a HP Photosmart C5200. I have it connected

Customer Question
Hi. My printer is...
Hi. My printer is a HP Photosmart C5200. I have it connected to my Mac desktop which I think is an OSX. I use the printer to print CD discs as well as regular documents. The printer used to be very reliable but one day I had a paper jam. Ever since I cleared the paper jam the printer still tells me that there is a paper jam and to clear the jam and press ok. This does not solve the problem. I have done each of the trouble shooting tips suggested in the HP manual (unplug, turn off, disconnect from computer, etc.) Nothing seems to help. The problem with this problem is that it is INTERMITTENT and occasionally the printer will print what I ask it to , but mostly, it continues to give me that message about a (non-existent) paper jam. When I press the okay button, the printer makes sounds as if it were starting to print, but it doesn't print. Can you help me? Thanks. Customer WA
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
5/3/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Bob Cook, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
If there truly is no paper jam the you just need to reset the printer.

Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from the wall. Wait for one minute. Then plug it back in again and test.

This is HP's document on everything needed to solve the paper jam problem;

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00909241&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3339740
Hi Bob,
I did exactly what you said: turned the printer off then unplugged it then started it up again to test. Printer showed the same message as before, "clear paper jam and press okay." Actually, I have done this in the past as I noted in my original question. I tried everything in the HP manual that came with the printer.
If the message is still there after a reset then there must be a scrap of paper in there somewhere. The note I gave you has three differnt places to go after a paperjam, each side that the top. I think there must be something still there.

Dear XXXXX at Administration,

Although Mr. Cook was warm, responsive and very professional in his response to my question, he was really not able to answer my question and merely kept telling me to do the things I had already done to correct the situation with my printer.   I do not feel at all satisfied with the response from Just Answer and would like you to release the $9.00 back to my account. Please inform me when this has been done. Thank you. Customer
I sent management a request for refund.

You can also do so here;

http://www.justanswer.com/help.aspx?SE=11&KB=87&CA=17
Bob Cook
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius