Mac

I have a iBookG4, 10.3.9 and it has started to crash more when…

I have a iBookG4, 10.3.9...
I have a iBookG4, 10.3.9 and it has started to crash more when I try to get on some links...and wondered what i might do to correct this. My serial number is...UV414101PH0. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX... Read full answer
I have a iBookG4, 10.3.9 and it has started to crash more when I try to get on some links...and wondered what i might do to correct this. My serial number is...UV414101PH0. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
4/18/2009
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
There are lots of preference files and file permissions that can mess up over time. They cause most of the crashes. Beyond that, there are file caches that grow and slow things down. It's not very difficult to restore the system files from your CD.

Put the 10.3 system CD in the drive and reboot. Immediately press and hold the C key on the keyboard. That will tell your Mac to boot from the CD. Follow the on screen instructions to restore your system. Do not choose the clean and install or all your files will be lost. Just choose restore system. If you make the wrong choice the system will warn you that you will loose all your files.

When you finish the update. Go to APPLE UPDATES.... under the Apple menu over and over until it says your system is up to date.
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I had a Mac Mini (2005 release) that was never used (still
I had a Mac Mini (2005 release) that was never used (still in the shrink wrap from the factory). I sold it on eBay and now the buyer is claiming it doesn't work and that Apple will not help them get i… read more
Tom
Tom
3 years college
I have a version of Lightroom 3 installed on my laptop and
I have a version of Lightroom 3 installed on my laptop and desktop. My laptop crashed and Lightroom 3 was seemingly not restored - as when it loads it wants my serial # XXXXX which I can't find and ca… read more
SLCBTM
SLCBTM
Network Systems Administrator,
How do I reinstall MS Word for Mac 2011 after a crash? I am
How do I reinstall MS Word for Mac 2011 after a crash? I am out of town and do not have my disc. Thanks. Judith… read more
Stop searching for answers—
30 miniutes later still waiting for a response. cant possibly
30 miniutes later still waiting for a response. can't possibly remember the temporary password so what should I do?… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
I have an e-Mac OS version 10.3.9; Mac Mini with 10.4.11 and
I have an e-Mac OS version 10.3.9; Mac Mini with 10.4.11 and iBook with 10.5.8. All three are running Appleworks 5 and Microsoft Office 2004. I would like to upgrade both Appleworks and Office, what v… read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
System Administrator,
I have a MacOS X 10.3.9 and bought a disc to upgrade to 10.5.6.
I have a MacOS X 10.3.9 and bought a disc to upgrade to 10.5.6. I need more ram? and need to find ouit where to purchase? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX… read more
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a Mac OSX 10.3.9. For the past two days Ive been unable
I have a Mac OSX 10.3.9. For the past two days I've been unable to sign on to my screen name of ChazzC1 getting the message my password XXXXX XXXXX try later. I've attenmpted periodically to access it… read more
robgranholm
robgranholm
IT Administrator and Support,
MAC problem. I tried clicking on the tabs above to select Mac
MAC problem. I tried clicking on the tabs above to select Mac but nothing happens. Firefox won't start today. As soon as it starts by clearing the screen it crashes. I have Firefox 2.0.something and a… read more
robgranholm
robgranholm
IT Administrator and Support,
I have a power book G4 with Tiger (MAC OSX 10.3.9,) I have
I have a power book G4 with Tiger (MAC OSX 10.3.9,) I have also a PC emulator, Machine Model: PowerBook G4 15" CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.1) Number Of CPUs: 1 CPU Speed: 1 GHz L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB … read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Hello Ashik, i have a mac os x 10.3.9 no more free software
Hello Ashik, i have a mac os x 10.3.9 no more free software updates- i like to use my mac for my artwork such as painting,restoring photos,cropping photos and moving them to other photos basically wha… read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
System Administrator,
Hi, My G4 Powerbook can no longer access my wireless network.
Hi, My G4 Powerbook can no longer access my wireless network. My other computer, a more recent model, does. The airport icon seems not to be searching for a network and the name of the network never a… read more
Mac Genius,
I have just invested in an iphone, came home plugged it into
I have just invested in an iphone, came home plugged it into my iBook G4 only to find it is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.4.9 or lower. My iBook is 10.3.9. How to I fix this? I am no Mac whiz kid so… read more
Self Employed Macintosh Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
My daughters IbookG4 (mac 0sx) has locked up while typing
My daughter's IbookG4 (mac 0sx) has locked up while typing a school assignment on word. It has been locked up for 40 minutes and we can't get it to stop. My duaghter has not saved the work yet and doe… read more
Travis
Travis
Director of Design,
HI - I have a MAC OS X version 10.3.9 with a Dual 1.8 GHz Power
HI - I have a MAC OS X version 10.3.9 with a Dual 1.8 GHz Power PC G5 processor and 1GB DDR SDRAM. My memory shows the following information: DIMM0/J11: Size: 512 MB Type: DDR SDRAM Speed: PC3200U-303… read more
MarcusTheMacGenius
MarcusTheMacGenius
Im trying to connect an iBook (G3 running Mac OS X 10.3.9)to
I'm trying to connect an iBook (G3 running Mac OS X 10.3.9)to my Time Capsule network - it won't take the wep password XXXXX I know is correct.… read more
The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer
I have a Mac Osx version 10.3.9., running Panther. Safari
I have a Mac Osx version 10.3.9., running Panther. Safari quits when I open google maps and randomly when working on other web sites. I have tried to fix problem by resetting safari, trashing com.appl… read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
System Administrator,
I have downloaded and unpacked an application for my Mac G4.
I have downloaded and unpacked an application for my Mac G4. The master install file is a ".mpkg" file, and when I try and open it, the Mac tries to open it with a defunct DivX app that has run out. H… read more
KevinK
KevinK
Technology Integration Specialist,
I am unable to open my hot mail. it ask for me to up grade
I am unable to open my hot mail. it ask for me to up grade web browser & has a link to click on to do so. After link has run and being installed . It says Safari 3.2.1 can not be found, That the bill … read more
YMac
YMac
Network Security Engineer,