Mac

HP Officejet J4680 All-in-one will not printe wireless

Customer Question
I have set up my...
I have set up my Ip address and Wep code within the printer and it has accepted it. However, when I press print it keep saying that my printer is offline. I am using a MAC OX 10.5. So my Mac is connected wireless to my network, my printer is also connected wireless to my net work but I cant print wireless through my Mac and HP... Read full answer
I have set up my Ip address and Wep code within the printer and it has accepted it. However, when I press print it keep saying that my printer is offline. I am using a MAC OX 10.5. So my Mac is connected wireless to my network, my printer is also connected wireless to my net work but I cant print wireless through my Mac and HP printer.

Can you help?
07863 133210
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Mac
4/17/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Tom, Mac Support Specialist replied 10 years ago
Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
HelloCustomer

If you type in your printer's ip address into a web browser like Safari, Do you get to a printer configuration web page?
Actually i was refering to the ip address for by wireless network which is a BT set up.
How do i estblais the IP address for the printer
My laptop sees the network, my priter sees the network, but my laptop and priter does not see each other wirelessly
You need to print out the configuration page for the printer.

They have a great video for your printer on installing it on a network.

Here is available here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjd1ZqJ89N4

Its a few minutes long but might provide the information that you need.

Let me know if it helps or at the very least you should be able to get your ip address and I can help you further.

Let me know how you make out.
Thank you
its a little late in the UK so I am going to bed and will try the link you sent me in the morning.
I will confirm to you if it works or not.
Kind Regards George
Ok,

Have a good night.   Let me know how you make out.

Tom
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Cannot get HP Laser jet Pro M280 (new) to down load to my
Cannot get HP Laser jet Pro M280 (new) to down load to my MacBook air Sierra- 10-13-4 … read more
Cant load my HP printers. The software is shown, but the
Can't load my HP printers. The software is shown, but the Mac will not add them to my printer preference.… read more
Support Technician,
Just set up HP 6510 series wireless printer initially with
Just set up HP 6510 series wireless printer initially with USB to my Mac desktop, now it is wireless in other room. I can print from my iPad to the printer, but when I try and print from my desktop, i… read more
CompExpert
CompExpert
Computer Support Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
Im trying to set-up my wireless printer. The devise has been
I'm trying to set-up my wireless printer. The devise has been successfully associated to the network (and it gives me my current settings). However, when I try to continue, I get a message telling me … read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
I have 2 routers linksys one wireless WRT54G and the other
I have 2 routers linksys one wireless WRT54G and the other not BEFSR41. I have a hard wired PC in port#1 Of the BEFSR41 and another PC hardwired on #4 port#2 is connected to the wireless router throug… read more
Mac Genius,
I have a 4650 wireless printer and am not able to print.
I have a 4650 wireless printer and am not able to print. The green light is on and the computer says "printer ready", but I continue to get the message "Problem communicating with computer". Help!… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
we have three windows PC and two apple laptops. I initially
we have three windows PC and two apple laptops. I initially used windows printer sharing to get all the PCs to print but the apple laptops had to walk over to the printer, plug in their printer cable,… read more
RussellA
RussellA
Solutions Architect,
Hi - I can connect to the net through an enthernet connectio
Hi - I can connect to the net through an enthernet connection but my airport is not working. The lights are out and if I try to connect to a network I cant. Says connection timeout after entering WEP … read more
iteachmac
iteachmac
Electrician / Programmer / Sound design,
We are having trouble getting our printer and computers to
We are having trouble getting our printer and computers to communicate. I have a Imac G5, and my husband has a macbook with an intell processor. We have an HP premium fax C309a printer which we want t… read more
Tom
Tom
Mac Support Specialist,
3 years college
Hi I have recently bought a mac and time machine which has
Hi I have recently bought a mac and time machine which has airport wireless system. My problem is that my windows vista PC will only connect to the time machine(airport) with "limited access only" can… read more
loadedmind
loadedmind
Senior Systems Administrator,
running a mac 10.6.2. installed lexmark pro805 printer as directed
running a mac 10.6.2. installed lexmark pro805 printer as directed for wireless connection. the printer is on the wireless network but my computer says it is offline… read more
loadedmind
loadedmind
Senior Systems Administrator,
Hi I have a Ricoh Aficio CL3500DN and was running it on my
Hi I have a Ricoh Aficio CL3500DN and was running it on my MAC with MAC OS X 10.4 I just updated my operating system to 10.6 and now the printer has dissappeared I tried downloading and installing the… read more
Self Employed Macintosh Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
We have 2 newer MacBook Pros using internal Airport and a
We have 2 newer MacBook Pro's using internal Airport and a laptop PC, all using our Verizon DSL wireless modem (ActionTec GT704). One laptop and the PC work great. My MacBook however keeps loosing the… read more
Mac Genius,
An IP Configuring box keeps popping up with a red ! It says
An IP Configuring box keeps popping up with a red ! It says "names IP address" in use by 00:24:81:d5:d1:0d, DHCP Server 192.168.123.254... This is my daughters Mac and she thinks I caused this problem… read more
Mac Genius,
I have a new HP C309 wireless printer connected to a Linksys-rout
I have a new HP C309 wireless printer connected to a Linksys-routed wireless network. In the setup process, I am unable to establish a print queue for this printer on my Mac pwer book. Suggestions?… read more
David L
David L
I just installed snow leopard onto my 3yr old Mac (went from
I just installed snow leopard onto my 3yr old Mac (went from 10.4 to 10.6). My Mac is connected via airport/ Netgear router to the internet to my printer (HP 4500 Color Laser Jet). My printer will not… read more
Self Employed Macintosh Consultant,
I have a G5 imac with newly installed 10.5.6. I have a HP laser
I have a G5 imac with newly installed 10.5.6. I have a HP laser jet 2100M attatch via an ethernet cable ( not on a network just using the cable from the printer to iMac.) I can not add this printer ..… read more
Bob Cook
Bob Cook
I established a wireless connection between my HP 6840 printer
I established a wireless connection between my HP 6840 printer and my MacBook a week ago and it worked just fine. Now it's not. The blue wireless icon on the printer is lit but not receiving a signal … read more
Molinari
Molinari
Professional Tech Expert,
CompTIA A+ Certification