Mac

Im not sure Im asking the right technician, but I couldnt…

Customer Question
I'm not sure I'm asking...
I'm not sure I'm asking the right technician, but I couldn't find DVD problems in my list of choices. I own the LG DVD Recorder/Video Cassette Recorder, Model RC897T, purchased from Best Buy on Mar. 5, 2009. I've been having trouble since my cable carrier, Time Warner, rebooted my cable box last Saturday, but except for one last item, I think I... Read full answer
I'm not sure I'm asking the right technician, but I couldn't find DVD problems in my list of choices. I own the LG DVD Recorder/Video Cassette Recorder, Model RC897T, purchased from Best Buy on Mar. 5, 2009. I've been having trouble since my cable carrier, Time Warner, rebooted my cable box last Saturday, but except for one last item, I think I finally have my problems straightened out. Here is my last problem. I want to dub one of my VCR tapes over to a DVD. However, the five items on the front panel have disappeared; namely the play/pause button, the Stop button, the REC button, the up/down button and the dubbing button. I can't see them at all; I even put my flashlight up where they should be, and they aren't there. How can I get them back so I can do my dubbing? I am on an iMac which uses OS 10.5.6. Thank you.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Mac
4/15/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Sunsa, Computer Software Engineer replied 10 years ago
Sunsa
Sunsa, Computer Software Engineer
hello

thanks for your question.

Here is how you convert VHS To DVD.
http://www.signvideo.com/conv-v-to-d.htm

but i think your problem is slighlty different.. the panel you are talking about might have gotten misplaced so you will need to see a technician but I would recommend to call again tomorrow..
meanwhile i would suggest resetting the system.

To reset first switch off the unit then Disconnect the unit from power supply/batteries then disconnect any other units connected to it, after that Leave it disconnected for 30 minutes. It should reset itself then start again. you can also try to open the unit and clean it with a can of compressed air and look for loose connection.

Please accept.

sunny
May I try your solution to see if it works before I accept?
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a sony hdr-cx230..... and trying to learn in advance
I have a sony hdr-cx230..... and trying to learn in advance of using the camera, how to download the videos onto my mac. However, when i initially plug in the USB to the camcorder, the camcorder scree… read more
Benjie
Benjie
Technical Support,
I have a Sony Handicam that would be about ten or twelve
Hello.I have a Sony Handicam that would be about ten or twelve years old. I also have quite a few mini dvd cassettes that I want to download to my Apple computer. The connecting lead that I have, has … read more
Senior Engineer,
Im a newbie at this. We have about 100 mini dv tape cassettes
I'm a newbie at this. We have about 100 mini dv tape cassettes (various tape brands - Sony, Panasonic, Maxwell, Fujifilm), the majority of which were taped using a Canon Optura 40 digital video camera… read more
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack
Stop searching for answers—
I want to use my mac book pro to show a photo slide show on
I want to use my mac book pro to show a photo slide show on my sharp aquos led LCD 1080p. I have all the cables hdmi and mini display port connected corrected. How do I show on the tv. Help please… read more
how do I transfer music to iTunes from my collection of 8mm
how do I transfer music to iTunes from my collection of 8mm music tapes? my 8mm cassette player no longer works. Is there an inexpensive device sold by Apple that can be connected to my iMac in which … read more
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod
Senior Customer Care Engineer,
I am editing a wedding video in iMovie11 that was recorded
I am editing a wedding video in iMovie11 that was recorded on a mini dv tape. When I move video clips from the event library to the timeline, the entire frame is displayed in the timeline. However, th… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I am converting a series of VHS tapes (The BBC Poirot Mystery
I am converting a series of VHS tapes (The BBC Poirot Mystery series) to DVD to preserve their content, using the Canopus ADVC 110, and iMovie 11 on an iMac 2.66GHz Intel Core i5 with Mac OS 10.6.7. O… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
I am trying to transfer a video from a LG HD DD recorder to
I am trying to transfer a video from a LG HD DD recorder to my mac final cut. What interface do I need?… read more
Mac Genius,
I formatted and recorded, then finalized DVD - R disks of several
I formatted and recorded, then finalized DVD - R disks of several brands on my Toshiba "One Touch VHS - DVD dubbing machine. The disks are great but there is one big problem: the disks will not play o… read more
iteachmac
iteachmac
Electrician / Programmer / Sound design,
I recently found an old family cassette which was an audio
I recently found an old family cassette which was an audio copy of some recordings that are over 40 years in age. I wish to convert them to a higher quality digital audio recording. There is plenty of… read more
OSXpert
OSXpert
Software Engineer,
HOW DO I DOWNLOAD MOVIE FROM CREATED ON APPLE IMAC TO CANON
HOW DO I DOWNLOAD MOVIE FROM CREATED ON APPLE IMAC TO CANON ZR45 VIDEO CAMERA? BOB HAYMAN [email protected]… read more
Jesse
Jesse
Apple Consultant,
Some College
Roxio Easy VHS to DVD for Mac. I have Mac OSX version 10.5.8,
Roxio Easy VHS to DVD for Mac. I have Mac OSX version 10.5.8, 1.8 GHz Power PC G5. Frustration!! I get to the point of burning the CD and...try #1 was in double time, #2 was a 3 sec. loop, #3 refused … read more
Mac Genius,
Stop searching for answers—
Hello, I own a 6-year old Sony video camera (model DCR-TRV38).
Hello, I own a 6-year old Sony video camera (model DCR-TRV38). It stores to mini-DV tapes. My iMac OS is version 10.4. I used the i.LINK DV interface, a firewire cable and iMovie to transfer content f… read more
Mac Genius,
I would like to convert some cassette tapes to digital format.
I would like to convert some cassette tapes to digital format. I have a cable that runs from the cassette player to the USB port on the mac. Is garage band the right program to use? Once it's in digit… read more
Mac Genius,
My LG RC897T DVD Recorder makes DVD-R discs that will not play
My LG RC897T DVD Recorder makes DVD-R discs that will not play on my Macbook or other DVD players in my house. I want to import and edit home movies in iMovie that were dubbed on the LG from VHS to DV… read more
Tom
Tom
3 years college
How do I import recorded video through a USB connection on
How do I import recorded video through a USB connection on a Sony DCR DVD 403 Camcorder to a MAC book so that I can edit it in I-movie… read more
Mac Genius,
Can I use my Canon HDV digital camera to transfer videos fro
Can I use my Canon HDV digital camera HV20 to transfer videos from my VCR to my Mac ? and if so what leads do I plug in where? ... in really non technical terms please… read more
Mac Genius,
I bought a machine that transcribes cassette tapes to a CD-R.
I bought a machine that transcribes cassette tapes to a CD-R. The resulting CD-R plays on my CD players. I tried copying those files on my iMac (OS 10.4.11) and then burning them onto a CD-R to make a… read more