Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I was just talking to MacTechTrainer and accidentally hit the

Customer Question
wrong button!! So very...
I was just talking to MacTechTrainer and accidentally hit the wrong button!! So very sorry
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
4/3/2009
Mac Support Specialist: MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Hi I am still here, and its ok, as I was watching for your reply.

Did you get my first reply or do I need to repost that for you?

Just let me know..

Thanks!

-TD
No I did not receive your first reply.
No problem. I was just making a few initial inquiries about your question, in order to understand certain details regarding this issue you are having.

Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:

• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.6" -)
( If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• Can you also provide me the general web address of the credit union you are attempting to access?

• And if I am understanding you correctly, this particular website is not opening on Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer, is this correct? (just need to make sure I understand what you have explained in your question-thanks!)

(***I will also close your original question, so you will not end up paying twice for the same question ****. )

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Regards,

-TD
Having real trouble with this tonight! I am using OSX10.5.6 Also using Firefox. The credit union is Desert Schools FCU.org (arizona). I am able to type in my account number but then everything shuts off when I get to page to enter Pin
May I get back to this at a resonable hour tomorrow and how do I do that? I will certainly make sure you are paid.

Thank you so much for being willing to help me.
Customer
Thanks for your reply.

Do you happen or have you experienced seeing a screen that pops up in Firefox that looks like this:

graphic

Let me know if this is an example of what you are experiencing. And not a problem,
I'd like to make sure this issue is resolved and I will be glad to seek and acquire as much detail from you then, in order to make sure this access issue for your credit union online, is corrected as possible.

Thanks!

-TD
I am back and still have the problem. No, the example you sent is not the same. The message states that Mozilla has a problem and has shut down unexpectedly. Even tho it says Mozilla has a problem, as I told you all of the browsers I have tried simply close down without leaving a message or explanation. Oh, one other thing, I can access the credit union website on my husband's IMac without problem! Hope all of this helps you!

Thanks,Customer
Hello and thanks again for your detailed reply.

I believe for the way you have described how all of the browsers shut down when
accessing the website, Firefox in particular did not shutdown on me. But instead as
I demonstrated in the screen shot on my previous post to you, it did block me from accessing the site.

Mozilla's further explanation was that the site was not only potentially a threat, but possibily a forgery of the actual Desert Schools FCU credit union website.

If you are able to go into Firefox,
• Click on the name and select About Firefox and provide me the version of the web browser you have.

graphic

Also if you go into Firefox >Preferences>Security, is your configuration set
up differently than the way my Security settings are in this screen shot? (below)

graphic

Additonally I've tried Safari and this is what I got:

graphic

Now unless I am entering that website address that you provided to me incorrectly
This is not working very well on my Intel iMac, site no matter which browser I use.

In fact attempting to open the site not only froze my Safari browser, I had to do a harder than normal Force Quit, by opening Activity Monitor and quiting the the process from there. Firefox, simply would not allow me to go to the site for Security reasons.

With that noted do I have the correct website address : http://ww.desertschoolsfuc.org ?

If you could provide me this information, I will keep working on resolving this for you.

Thanks!
-TD

Hi TD,
Only have a minute now. Firefox version is 3.0.8 and was just upgraded this week.

I will also call my credit union and inquire about their certificate, etc. I will be back this afternoon. Obviously, I don't have a huge amount of time to spend at my computer!

Thanks,Customer
Thanks for your reply and the update.

I just finished checking further as I was awaiting your reply to my last post and repeated the process.

You are on course with checking with your Credit Union, as this appears to be not only an invalid certificate, but possibly (and I only emphasize possibly), a potential security issue for the credit union's website in the way of what is known as a website hijack. This may explain why both Firefox and Safari were both stating possibly forgery of the Desert Schools Federal CU website.

This means that that the security of the website may be compromised (not the Credit Union of course). This is only speculative from my technical perspective at this point.

So it would be advisble to contact the webmaster of your credit union and explain what you are experiencing.

Also, if I may add for the time being, even though the website appears to work with your husband's iMac, I would recommend he or you not use his iMac to access the website, until you have spoken with the credit union.

This is the best step for the time being. I would not wish for either of your Macs and personal information to be compromised. So better play it safe until more information is acquired from the CU.

I am here and glad to entertain further questions for you if you have more on this issue.

Thanks again!

-TD
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer