Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

I have a g4 computer and just purchased a cinema display 22

I have a g4 computer and just purchased a cinema display 22 inch screen. The preferred screen resolution is 1920x1200 but sometimes this is too small for me. Is there a command key that I could use to zoom the sreen for a particular program and then resume back to the preferred resolution. I would really like to set the resolution to 1600x1000 but that does not seem to be an option that will work with my G4 and monitor. Thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.

You could try Universal Access's Zoom feature. It allows you to Zoom into the screen with a key command and then the same key command takes you back to normal mode.

To use it, go to your Apple Menu and choose System preferences. In here, click on Universal Access and then note the Key Command for it. In mine it is OPTION - COMMAND (apple) - 8
There is also an Options button (in Leopard, maybe Tiger as well) and you can set different Zoom levels and other options like using the scroll wheel on a mouse.

Here are screen shots of my Pref Pane and the Options screen:
graphic
graphic

This should help you get that larger image when you need it and then zoom back out for normal work.

Hope this helps,
_____________________________________________
If this Answer has helped you, please click Accept so I can be
paid for assisting. Positive Feedback is also appreciated!