MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

I am unable to get email! I was receiving it just fine; one

I am unable to get email! I was receiving it just fine; one night turned on computer and no emails.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 8 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:
• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.6" - If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system-
Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the
menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• Are you using the Mac OS X Mail application?

• Who is your Internet Service Provider?

• Finally without providing your complete Email address(s) (will not show up on our posts here), can you provide me the service you are using for email? (i.e. .Mac/MobileMe, Gmail, AOL, Verizon, SBCGlobal, etc)

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Regards,

-TD
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
version 10.3.9     I'm computer illerate so I don't know how to answer the question "are you using the Mac OS X Mail application". What does that mean? (sorry) I just click on the flying bird stamp that shows up along the bottom of the screen that has always brought up my mail box.
My provider is Quest. and the service is @ mac.com
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
are you still on-line to assist me?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I moved my computer to another room and 37 emails popped upfrom the past 3 days. Did you do something to assist in that?
Yes sorry, I had to go offline for a bit, but I am back now.

Actually, we have no remote support features in place on JustAnswer.com. So whatever transpired when you moved your computer was completely on your side.

You identified the "flying bird stamp" correctly as that is the icon for Mac Mail.

Now what was happening was that your Mail is not receiving your incoming .Mac Mail as it should. Have you received any more incoming mail beyond the 37 emails since you changed rooms? Or is there more emails that should be coming into your Inbox?

I await your reply. Thanks!

-TD
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, i have received more emails, so, it seems moving the computer did something?? Thank you for the time you spent. When i can find the "accept" button, I will click it and pay you for your trouble.Thank you again. Mary
No worries Mary. But I have to give you the credit on this one. I ask the questions, but you were the impromtu Tech!

What I can provide you however, is this valuable information, should you run into this issue again.

Below are two links- One is for getting more familiar with some of the nice features within your Mac OS X 10.3.9 system. The second link, is for you to use whenever you have any questions or wish to know how to setup more emails accounts in your Mac Mail application (the "flying bird stamp" icon) or if you run into any challenges with your Mail application.

Link#1- Mac 101 - Getting Started with Mac

Link#2 -
Setting up email in Mac OS X Mail Application (Eagle Stamp icon)

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance and thank you for your patience!

Best Regards,

TD