Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

What do I need to buy in order to run IBM windows programs

like excel and word on...
What do I need to buy in order to run IBM windows programs like excel and word on my Mac Mini
3/4/2009
Daniel, Mac Support Specialist

Do you actually need to run in Windows, or are you just needing Microsoft Office, word, excel, and powerpoint?

I actually need to run windows
Are you running a G4 Mac Mini or an Intel?

Can you give me some information from your computer.

Apple Menu>About this Macintosh

what Operating System version are you running.

Click on the More Info button then give me the Hardware informtion.

Thanks
I'm running Mac OS X
Version 10.4.11
1.42 GHz PowerPC G4
512 MB DDR SDRAM
Machine Model Power Mac 10.1
Single CPU 1.42 Ghz speed
Memory 512 MB
Bus speed 167 MHz

Will this do it?
I've not been able to find any of the new software that will work. Parallels only works on a Intel Mac and Boot Camp only works on Leopard OS X 10.5.

I'm going to opt out of this question to see if someone else know more about the virtual PC applications that are out there.
Thanks for the input. Hopefully somebody will come up with an option.

Thanks Heaps,
Customer
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Virtual PC is the only way to run PC program on a G4 Mac Mini but it is stinky slow. It will work if you can only do it that way. I think I have a copy on hand. But if it were me I'd buy a used PC. You could use Remote Access on your Mac Mini to get to your PC if you didn't want two computers on your desk.
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Bob Cook
Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius