Rob
Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.
11909858

I have MS Works for Mac 2.2 on a floppy and almost 2,000 LPs

I have MS Works for Mac 2.2 on a floppy and almost 2,000 LPs also on a floppy ,that I have not been able to convert to Appleworks 6 which I have or another data base. I have not been able to find MS work 4.0 program for Mac to purchase.

I am running Mac OSX 10.5.6 on my macbook and OSX 10.4.11 on my Mac Mini at home.

I have a usb floppy drive which my computers do not seem to recognize. Since I inputed the data on MS 2.2 some years ago, my LP collection has grown to over 5,000 albums and I would like not to input the data from 2.0 again.

I have Music Collectorz program cataloged for CDs (some 500) but I find this program is too fancy for my needs for all the LPs

I appreciate appreciate and thank you in advance for any approach you may have to me dilemma.

Regards, XXXXX [email protected]

You are probably going to have to buy an old computer that will run your old MS Works 2.2 and has a floppy drive. You can probably find one on eBay, craigslist or a local computer recycler.

Do you still have the older computer that you used to do this work on?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No I do not have the computer that I created the data gase on
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
on acce[tabe sp;itopm
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
not acceptable solution
If you have a friend that has an old computer with a floppy would be one way to get the files off the floppies. Then have that person email the files to you.

Buying an old computer (old ones will be very cheap, less than $100), get those files off the floppies onto the old computer, get the old computer on the internet and email them to yourself is another thing you can do.

Going into a print shop is another way to get files off of a floppy. They could email them to you or burn them on a CD.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
IF I BUY AN OLD MAC WHICH WOULD YOU RECOMMEND?

IS DATAVIZ A POSSIBLE WAY TO TRANSFER TO APPLE WORKS.

ALSO WHERE CAN I PURCHASE MICROSOFT WORKS 4.0 AND WOULD IT WORK WITH OS X?
Dataviz is a possibility to translate into AppleWorks. If you could just get your info off those floppies you could test it out. I think that is your best bet. I would take your floppies to a print shop and ask them to get them off your floppies and either email them to you or burn them on a CD.

Now that I think about it, buying an older computer may not be a good bet. You will need a older monitor/display to go with it and they are hard to find too. Unless you happen to still have one. If you do decide to go that route, here are a couple of choices but they were higher priced than I thought they'd be:

Here's one on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay. com/Vintage-G3-Power-Macintosh-M3979-Power-PC-1996_W0QQitemZ310125721323QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item310125721323&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A200#ht_3218wt_1167

Here's some at dvwarehouse.com:
http://www.dvwarehouse.com/Apple-PowerMac-G3-c-120.html&pltid=99679c505301e7195b2742a0ed62afda