Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

smtp.mac.com barrYgovenor1 will not accept my password. tried

Customer Question
smtp.mac.com:barrYgovenor1" will not accept my...
smtp.mac.com:barrYgovenor1" will not accept my password. tried to resolve this with comast most of the day with no success. My email address [email protected] How can I get the email icon to bring up the correct server and / or accept my password?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
3/1/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Tom, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Lets first make sure your passwords are working

Comcast and .Mac are two different things.

If your email address ends with a mac.com

I would start by going to

http://www.mac.com

See if you can login with your email password. If you cannot, Click on the link under password XXXXX says "Forgot password"

Also make sure your comcast email password XXXXX XXXXX

http://www.comcast.net/webmail/

I'll can help you further once we are sure your passwords are working

Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Tom
Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist