Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Is there any way to recover a never saved file that my boyfriend

Customer Question
accidentally closed and clicked "don't...
Is there any way to recover a never saved file that my boyfriend accidentally closed and clicked "don't save" from Microsoft word.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
2/9/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Daniel, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Daniel, Mac Support Specialist

Unfortunately, once you tell the program you don't need it, it is gone forever. There is only one slim-to-none chance you can get it back if you have Auto Save turned on and the program is force quit.

Auto Save- saves the document in the event the program quits unexpectly. When the program is launched again, it should attempt to load the file that was not closed properly.

I kind of don't think this will work though, because it had already been told to close without saving.

Daniel, Mac Support Specialist