Dave Huber
Dave Huber, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Mac user since 1984, Mac Support Specialist since 1999. In charge of over 700 Macs at current job.
15445216

I am using rapidweaver and have run into a problem. I pulled

Customer Question

I am using rapidweaver and have run into a problem. I pulled down the file sharing template and pasted a file from my hard drive into the template.   When I preview the template I see the title of the file but when I click on it , it does not show the file.      I would really like to link the rapidweaver to an external file I have on my file manager in yahoo but I do not know how to do that either. I guess I need to figure out a way to tie the rapid weaver to a PDF file and need to figure out the easiest and safest way to do this.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dave Huber replied 8 years ago.
Hello!

Can you please tell me what version of OS X and what version of rapidweaver you are using? Also, do you know how to tell someone else how to get to a file in your yahoo file manager?

I look forward to your response,

Dave
Hello again,

Actually, as I read your question again, I realize I don't really need the info I asked for. You are trying to figure out how to create a link in RapidWeaver that links to a pdf file in your Yahoo! File manager. Here's how to do it:

1) Put the PDF into your Yahoo! site folder via the file manager. For this example, we will say that you put a folder in your web directory called "pdf_files" and a pdf called "my_file.pdf" We will also say that your user name is ""

2) In RapidWeaver, all you have to do is create a link. We will say that your text is "Click HERE for my groovy pdf!!!"

3) Highlight the text that you want to be the link. At the bottom of the window, click the "add link" button.

4) the URL you need to put in to get to your file is:
http://geocities.yahoo.com/Customer/pdf_files/my_file.pdf

Again, here's what you will need to link to all external files in your Yahoo! web site:

http://geocities.yahoo.com/YOUR_USER_NAME/YOUR_FOLDER_NAME_IF_YOU_HAVE_ONE/YOUR_FILE_NAME

That's it!

Good luck,

Dave