Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

How to delete downloads on my Mac?

Customer Question
How do I delete downloads...
How do I delete downloads on my mac?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/5/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Shawn, Computer Engineer replied 8 years ago
Shawn
Shawn, Computer Engineer

I'll be glad to try and help answer your question. I need a bit more information from you:

1) What program are you using to download with?

2) What version of Mac OS X are you using (go to Apple menu > About this mac)?

i have a pro mac i just bought... you ask what progam... I have no idea.   Macbook Pro 15/2.4/X1GB/250 SD

Okay, try this. At the bottom of the screen in the dock there should be a folder that says "Downloads" when you move the mouse over it. Click once on this folder and it will expand upward. From there, you can drag files that you see there out of the folder and into the trash can icon next to it.

Once you have dragged any files you want to delete into the trash, go to the Finder menu and choose "Empty Trash"

Let me know how it works.

This worked.

Shawn
Shawn
Shawn, Computer Engineer