Hello, and thank for seeking technical assistance for your Mac .I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, TD at your service.
• In order to effectively update your password, you would need to have your startup disc
. There is honestly no other way to do so, because without the startup disc, you cannot boot to the disc itself in order to enter the Installer environment to use the Reset Password XXXXX
-RESETTING ADMIN PASSWORD-
In the event you find it, here are the steps to reset your admin password:
•Insert the Mac OS X Install disc and restart the computer.
•When you hear the startup tone, hold down the C key until you see the spinning gear.
•When the Installer appears, choose Utilities > Reset Password.
• Next, follow the onscreen instructions to change the password.
• Once password XXXXX been successfully reset-
• Quit the Installer and restart your computer.
• If you wish to eject the startup disc, when rebooting just hold down the mouse button
to eject the disc.
Here is the link for future use:
If you have any other questions regarding this information, please feel free to reply back to me.
Thanks, I await your response.