MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

How can I upgrade my OSX 10.3.9 to OSX 10.4 or higher

How can I upgrade my OSX 10.3.9 to OSX 10.4 or higher?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 8 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What you are seeking is an upgrade from one Mac OS X platform to another Mac OS X platform. This is unlike an update which only updates the existing Mac OS X you are using to the next version in that series.

With this noted, if you wish to upgrade from Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther to Tiger Mac OS X 10.4, to do so, would require you to purchase a copy of Tiger from Apple or from any Apple-authorized reseller.

A good place online to start checking on low pricing for the Mac OS X Tiger platform would be Amazon.com (click on link below) for example. But of course where you purchase a copy of Tiger is per your discretion.

(If you click the link below and it does not open, simply copy and paste the link in your web browser)

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=tiger+mac+os+x&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=2483186097&ref=pd_sl_4zxv3srro_b

If you have any more questions, regarding your question, please feel free to reply to this post.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX this information will be of good use for you.

-TD