Shawn
Shawn, Computer Engineer
Experience:  15 years of Mac software and hardware troubleshooting experience, 10 years of programming experience
13058298

I am working with Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac. I thought I

Customer Question

I am working with Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac. I thought I was deleting one paragraph but I deleted 50 pages of edited material. Track changes was on, so the 50 pages of edited material was saved. Is there any way I can recover it and reinstate it in the document? And if so, will I still be able to see the edits I made (also in track changes)?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 years ago.
Hello.

If you haven't already done someting else to the document or closed MS Word, you should be able to go to the Edit Menu and select Undo to revert to your previous state.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sadly, this happened last night and I saved the document after I deleted all that precious edited material.
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 years ago.
Sorry, I'm afraid that it's lost.

I'll opt out of this one in case anyone else has any other info, that would prove useful to you.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com
Expert:  Shawn replied 8 years ago.
Hello Pete,

I'll try to help you. Since you had Track Changes on, you might be able to save the work. In Word, go to Tools > Track Changes > Accept or Reject Changes. This will let you step through the changes in the document one at a time and accept or reject them. When you get to the change that deleted the 50 pages of text, click the Reject button and you should be all set.

I recommend doing this on a backup of the document, just in case.

If you can't find it that way, then it's unfortunately gone. However, I think it should be there since you had Track Changes on.

Let me know how that works for you. Kind regards,

Shawn