John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.
53785

I am a new user of Thunderbird, after using Netscape for 14

I am a new user of Thunderbird, after using Netscape for 14 years. In Netscape when I forwarded a message, before I sent I had the complete message on the screen. I could change it, eliminate part of it, especially all the history/sender addresses, some pictures etc.... when I forward in Thunderbird, nothing comes to the screen but is in an attachment. I know the recipient gets the full message...with all the trimmings... that is what I want to avoid. am I missing something? thank you. John Xxxxxx
Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 8 years ago.

You need to tell Thunderbird how the original message should appear in the Forward and or Reply window. To do this, open Thunderbird then:

For the Forward

Click Tools > Options > Composition button > General tab, then from the drop down list next to "Forward message" select Inline.

For the Reply:

Click Tools > Account Settings, then click on "Composition & Addressing" in the left pane, then check the box "Automatically quote the original message when replying"

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.