Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hi, i have taken photos at a friends birthday. on screen the

Customer Question
photos look fine. when i...
Hi, i have taken photos at a friends birthday. on screen the photos look fine. when i go to upload or print the colors are washed out. the camera , canon D10 was set to sRGB.. i have been told that this is the reason. i have tried to convert profile..no difference. is there any way of saving these photos?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Mac
1/4/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Shawn, Computer Engineer replied 9 years ago
Shawn
Shawn, Computer Engineer
Hello Kim,

Unfortunately it is very difficult to get photos to look the same on the camera, printer, and screen - they all render colors differently.

One option that is easier than Photoshop is to look for a program in your applications folder called iPhoto. You can load the photos into it and then "Edit" them, where there are some easy enhancement tools that can make them look better. This does a pretty good job for basic manipulations. iPhoto also has excellent support for burning photos to CD, printing calendars, etc.

If you want to continue with Photoshop, I highly recommend picking up the "Visual Quickstart" guide for your particular version of it.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=visual+quickstart+photoshop&x=0&y=0

Before you do this you might double-check the version of Photoshop that you're using, as version 1 is pretty old and they are well beyond that in version numbers now. You can find this information by going to "About" in the Photoshop menu.

Photoshop is a pretty heavy program to learn, so another option is to pick up "Photoshop Elements", another piece of software that has a slightly easier user interface.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions. Kind regards,

Shawn
Hi, you were right in the software query,
I am working in CS , not photoshop 1. i know my way around it a little, basics.
My question is to do with color management/ working space... output files ,monitor callibration, from what i have read. if the embedded profile from the camera is sRGB what should my working space be?
Hmmmm... have you answered my question?..... not really. maybe i need a photoshop specialist.
Thankyou for your time, Kim
Kim,

I believe we have some Photoshop experts on our expert staff. I'm going to opt out so that one of them can help you.

Thanks for using JustAnswer! Kind regards,

Shawn
Hi, thankyou very much!!!
Kim
Shawn
Shawn
Shawn, Computer Engineer