Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I completed editing my video with iMovie 8 quite easily. Then

Customer Question
transferred my edited project to...
I completed editing my video with iMovie 8 quite easily. Then transferred my edited project to iMovie6 for background music. Again quite successfully. Then I handed Movie6 off to DVD and applied a theme, ending up with a wonderful movie. I saved the DVD and now for the life of me can not find it on my hard drive even after repeated attempts, using Spotlight and browsing all files. Where did that little rascal go? -- Virg
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Thomas Z, Mac Genius replied 9 years ago
Thomas Z
Thomas Z, Mac Genius
Open up iDvd and create a new project. Go File-Save... and it will take you to the last directory that you saved to, your movie will be there. If you cannot find it, attempt to Save As... and see if your movie is in that directory as well.

Also, have you tried the Spotlight search and typed in DVE?
Opened iDVD as suggested. Created a new project and named it "Search". The "File Save" was dimmed, so I selected "Save As". It took me to directories I had already accessed, The letters DVE in previous question was a typo. Should have read DVD. I have a folder titled"Movies" where I store all movie projects,etc. Before submitting my question, I had gone through every folders and files I could pull up. I'm not that computer literate as you can probably tell. I thought there might be a file hiding somewhere that I didn't know how to access. When I choose DVD, I get a QuickTime movie, but no themes with chapters, etc. I thought the DVD file could be somewhere hidden that I didn't know how to find. Also tried Spotlight several times using DVD and numerous other possible file names to no avail. This problem occurred previously. I would then go back to iMovie6, hand it off iDVD as I had before, then go through and apply themes in the same manner. What I'm not being able to locate is the file AFTER the theme has been applied to the completed movie.
Have you searched for dvdproj files? Have you emptied your trash since you last burned a DVD? Have you checked your trash?

When in iDVD what happens when you attempt to go:
File -> Open Recent?
Yes, thank you,Thomas. I found the file in the trash. Careless of me to trash it. Knew better.
Virg
Yes, thank you,Thomas. I found the file in the trash. Careless of me to trash it. Knew better. For some reason, Spotlight failed to display it. Thanks again.
Virg
You are most welcome, thank you for choosing JustAnswer. If you were satisfied with my answer, please click Accept so I too can solve my problems (financial).

Happy New Year Virg!
Thomas Z
Thomas Z, Mac Genius
Thomas Z
Thomas Z
Thomas Z, Mac Genius