Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Whenever i watch a video clip on my mac, my internet connection

Customer Question
cuts out. I am using...
Whenever i watch a video clip on my mac, my internet connection cuts out. I am using a mac book pro connected to the internet via airport on a dsl line. Help!
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Mac
12/6/2008
Mac Support Specialist: Daniel, Mac Support Specialist replied 9 years ago
Daniel, Mac Support Specialist
Have you confirmed that the problem resides with your Internet connection? Do the status lights on your DSL Router indicate that the problem is with the Internet connection or with the wireless? Have you tried it with your laptop plugged directly to your router to see if the connection cuts out? If you have narrowed down where the problem is, how did you do it to confirm the problem location? What DSL service do you use? Have you ever checked the router status page in your browser when the problem occurs, to check for any clues there?

I've had periodic problems with mine as well, but it seems to be related to the weather and I'm pretty sure it is something that resides on the Phone company side, not my computer.
Daniel, Mac Support Specialist