Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

my iphone comes up with someone elses name at the i tune store

my iphone comes up with someone elses name at the i tune store and I can't receive or send email
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

HI,

Can you explain what you mean by somebody elses name at the iTunes store?

Is this phone new or did you purchase it from ebay or a friend?

Can you also tell us what version of iTune syou use and do you have your iTunes library backed up for your iPhone?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I purchased it brand new on11/16/08- a friend tried to connect me to the itunes store aI don't understand the last questionnd I think he never changed the account to my own so it all comes up at "d's phone"
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Ok,

Is your iPhone activated?

Can you make calls?

If we have to reset the phone do you have your songs all saved on your computer?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes my phone is activated and I can make calls. I have mostly games and only 1 song downloaded that the guy did on his computer- thanks
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Ok,

Could you connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer then select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes, under Devices select the Summary tab and then select the Restore option.

Follow the prompts to complete the restore and when it is finished you will need to resetup your phone to use your account.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks