RoeIncarnate
RoeIncarnate, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  I have used Macs all my life (20+ years) and currently develop OS X applications.
2990473

THERE IS A MINI CD LODGED IN MY POWERBOOK G4. DOES NOT COME

THERE IS A MINI CD LODGED IN MY POWERBOOK G4. DOES NOT COME OUT WHEN PRESSING EJECT OR TRACKPAD BUTTON ON SHUTDOWN OR RESTART.
Category: Mac
Expert:  RoeIncarnate replied 8 years ago.
I found these tips for you to try:
----------

Just tip it so the drive faces the floor and give it a few taps (lightly).
----------
hold u macbook up and turn CD driev upside down and mini disk should fall out...if not GENTLY!!!!! shake it and it should pop up....but DO NOT, EVER insert paperclip or anything to fish the disk out as you will ruin the drive and laser
----------

If the disk does not pretty well fall out on its own, by turning the machine on its side, then I would take it into an apple store and have them remove the disk for you. The drive, as well as other components, can be quite easily damaged if you where to shake the computer in order to try and remove it, or if you place something inside of the drive to try and "Fish" it out.

for some light reading
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=88275

If this is the answer to your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts.