Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

can I buy drivers for Mac Desktop OS 10 4.1

11/7/2008
Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer

HI,

Could you clarify what you are needing drivers for?

Let us know

Thanks

I never received drivers with my Mac. Installation was done at the factory. I need they now to help reset my password. Also if the computer crashes I would not be able to reinstall the system. I cannot get any updates since passwords are needed. Also software cannot be installed without a password. Hope this makes enough sense.

Ok,

So you are looking for the OSX 10.4.1 Installation disk for your Mac not driver disks, Is that correct?

If so I need to know what type of mac you have, Just click the Apple logo and then click about this mac and let me know what it says.

Thanks

Ok,

If you are looking for the generic OSX 10.4.1 disk for your machine then you can get one from Welovemacs http://www.welovemacs.com/2z6913738a.html

However there is probably a machine specific version available if you let me know the info I asked for.

Also you should be able to purchase a newer version OSX disk as your machine may support OSX 10.5 Leopard depending on it specifications.

Thanks

Did I send you enough specs. would the serial no. help to get a machine specific version?. I would like to have driver in case the computer crashes and needs a driver to reinstall the unit. Also I need a driver so that I can install a new password. This Mac keeps wanting new passwords and will not accept the one I have been using. I need a password XXXXX install updates and upgrades. So far I have not been able to do this.
I've found more info. I'll give you in a couple of minutes.
mod. name      iMac
Mod Id             iMac 4.1
processor Intel Core Duo
Processor speed 2 GHZ
No of Processors 1
Cores                   2
L2 cache processor 2MB
Memory