Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I HAVE A CANON MP600 THAT WAS PRINTING WIRELESSLY WITH AN AIRPORT

Customer Question

I HAVE A CANON MP600 THAT WAS PRINTING WIRELESSLY WITH AN AIRPORT EXTREME NETWORK, THEN IT JUST STOPED PRINTING, BUT ALSO WILL NOT PRINT IF YOU CONNECT DIRECTLY TO THE COMPUTER. THE ERROR CODE IS 306. PLEASE HELP, I HAVE A HOME BUSINESS & CANNOT WORK.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Are both of the machie you tried macs?

If so what os is on both machines and do you update them on a regular basis?

Let us know.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Both our computers are MAC's. They have OS X on them, with updates being done regularly.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Ok,

The first thing I would like to try is to remove the printer and drivers from your machine by opening the system preferences menu from the apple menu then selecting printers and removing your printer by highlighting it and clicking the minus sign.

Locate the canon folder on your hard drive under applications and drag it to the trash.

Next shut down the machine then wait 5 seconds and turn it on again as soon as you let go of the power button could you press and hold the SHIFT key till the load icon appears under the Apple logo then let go, This will prompt the machine to open in Safe Boot which will take from 5-30 mins and will perform some general maintanence which should make this easier.

Once the machine boots just login then restart one more time like normal.

After it starts could you download and install the latest driver for your printer from Canons website http://www.usa.canon.com/home then restart one more time and let me know if it still refuses to print.

Thanks