Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

AOL sent mail prints much too small. AOL preferences are set

Customer Question
for 12 but it doesn't...
AOL sent mail prints much too small. AOL preferences are set for 12 but it doesn't print that way.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Mac
11/2/2008
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Support Specialist replied 9 years ago
Mike, Mac Support Specialist

What are you using for AOL Mail? The desktop version or do you access mail from a browser?

Let me know,
Desktop version 10.3.7. The newer one for Mac got bad reviews. The problem started suddenly. Was working fine before. AOL wasn't able to help.
Wait, I am confused...

The desktop version out now is 1.2.3

Your Mac OS X is 10.3.7?

Can you look at the Desktop version of AOL and choose About AOL Desktop and let me know the version in that window?

Thanks,
The OS I am using is 10.4.11. The AOL is 10.3.7.
OK. I am going to opt-out because I do not have that version and can't really help.

You could try the upgrade to the newer version from AOL.com. That may actually fix the problem.

Thank you for trying. I had trouble with the new version (it erased everything in my filing cabinet) and am purposely using the previous one. I've had a lot of trouble with AOL all along and will eventually stop using it.
Mac Support Specialist: The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru replied 9 years ago
The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
You should make your transition into stopping from AOL an easy one.

Download the AOL service assistant from the AOL home page, and it will configure MacMail so that you can use it instead of the AOL software. It's not really the AOL service that is the biggest problem with AOL, it's their glitchy Mac software. If you use the service assistant, it will move your AOL mail into MacMail, your AIM info into iChat, and any of your AOL contacts into Address Book. This way you can begin to experience a true email program and the way it functions, while maintaining your AOL address. And you can still use AOL online or their desktop software if you choose.

The pluses for MacMail are several... better storage of emails, better integration with other applications like iphoto, better dealing with attachments, easier sorting and searching, more compatibility with other users and their emails... and most of all, when you want to transition fully off of AOL, you can add a gmail, .mac account or other email right into MacMail beside AOL, and then you can continue using AOL while encouraging your contacts to gradually begin using only your new address.

It will also definitively fix any printing issues you've ever had with AOL.

Just a suggestion....
The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru